Giving Suggestion - Sukrisno Nino
News Update
Loading...

30 Juli 2018

Giving Suggestion



Giving Suggestion

ü  Suggest means to present a suggestion that is to introduce or propose an idea or a plan for consideration
ü  Suggestions are abstract and can be in form of solutions, advice, plan, and idea.
ü  Suggest means to propose a plan. It can be accepted or refused.

Asking Suggestion
ü  What should I do? (Aku seharusnya melakukan apa?)
ü  Do you have any ideas? (Apa kau punya ide untukku?)
ü  Do you have any suggestions for me? (Apa kau punya saran untukku?)
ü  Can you tell me what I should do? (Bisakah kau katakana apa yang harus aku lakukan)
ü  Do you have any advice for me? (Apa kau punya nasihat untukku?)
ü  Will you give me some suggestion, please? (Maukah kamu memberikanku beberapa saran?)
ü  Any idea? (ada ide?)
ü  Can you give me some advice about…? (Dapatkah kamu memberiku beberapa nasihat tentang…)
ü  What do you recommend………? (Apa yang dapat kamu rekomendasikan?)
ü  Please tell me what should I do? (Kumohon katakan padaku apa yang harus aku lakukan?)

Giving Suggestion
Formula
Contoh Kalimat
How/What about + -ing?
How about  going to the cinema tonight?
(Bagaimana kalau pergi ke bioskop malam ini?)
How about + noun phrase (memberi saran tentang makanan atau minuman)
How about a cup of coffee before we get to work?
(Bagaimana dengan segelas kopi sebelum kita mulai bekerja?)
How about + simple present?
How about I send you a copy of their catalogue?
(Bagaimana dengan saya mengirimimu kopi katalog mereka?)
Why not … ? Why don’t … ? Why doesn’t … ?
(untuk membuat general suggestions)
Why not take time to stop and look at how you view yourself?
(Mengapa tidak ambil waktu untuk berhenti sejenak dan melihat bagaimana kamu memandang dirimu sendiri?)
Why don’t we meet more often?
(Mengapa kita tidak bertemu lebih sering?)
Why don’t you tell me what’s going on?
(Mengapa kamu tidak mengatakan pada saya apa yang sedang terjadi?)
Let’s …, Let’s not … (memberi saran tentang melakukan atau tidak melakukan sesuatu dengan seseorang)
It’s getting dark. Let’s go home.
(Hari akan gelap. Mari kita pulang ke rumah.)
Let’s not make the same mistake.
(Mari jangan membuat kesalahan yang sama.)
Could (Perhaps atau maybe mungkin dapat ditambahkan di awal kalimat agar saran terdengar lebih sopan)
You could bring your friends.
(Kamu dapat membawa teman-temanmu.)
I suggest …
I suggest you try on different kinds of glasses with frames from various brand to see what look great on you.
(Saya sarankan kamu mencoba bermacam-macam kacamata dari berbagai merk untuk melihat yang tampak cocok di kamu.)
Would you be so kind enough to (Infinitive)
ü  Would you be so kind enough to go with we?
ü  Would you be so kind enough to help me?
I would be very grateful if you would (Infinitive)
ü  I would be very grateful if you would come to my party
ü  I would be very grateful if you would help me to finish this task.
ü  I would be grateful if you would be here.
Suppose
ü  Suppose you agree with my idea.
ü  Suppose you can leave now.
Perhaps you would (infinitive)
ü  Perhaps you would accept my proposal.
ü  Perhaps you would have a dinner with me.

Another way Expressions of giving suggestions
  • You should……………                    (Kamu seharusnya ……………….)
  • Let’s ……………                            ( Ayo …………)
  • Why don’t we ………………            (Mengapa kita tidak ……………..)
  • We could ……………                     (Kita bisa ……………….)
  • What about ………………..             (Bagaimana dengan …….)
  • How about …………………             (Bagaimana kalau ……………..)
  • I suggest that …………………..       (Saya menyarankan bahwa ….)
  • You might want to change ………  ( Anda mungkin ingin mengubahnya …)
  • I think ……………………                 (Saya pikir ……………)
  • I don’t think ………………              (Saya tidak berpikir …….)

Example of using Suggestions in sentences (contoh penggunaan saran dalam kalimat)                                                
  • Why don’t yo do your homework before going out? (Mengapa tidak mengerjakan PR sebelum pergi?)
  • Let's go the library. (ayo ke perpustakaan)
  • We could eat at home today. (Lita dapat makan di rumah hari ni)
  • What about eating at new place ?. (Bagaimana tentang makan di tempat yang baru)
  • I think you should go and meet her. (saya pikir kamu harus pergi dan bertemu dengan dia)

Agreeing Respond Suggestions (ekspresi untuk menyetujui saran):
  • Yes, it’s a great idea. (ya ini ide bagus )
  • I agree with you. (saya setuju dengan mu)
  • That sounds great. (kedengarannya ide bagus)
  • Yes, let’s do that/it. (ya, ayo kita lakukan)
  • I think so. (saya sependapat)
  • OK! (ok!)
  • That’s right. (ya itu benar)

Declining Respond Suggestions (ekspresi untuk menolak saran):
  • No, I don’t think so. (Tidak, saya tidak sependapat tentang itu)
  • I disagree with you. (Saya tidak setuju dengan mu)
  • That’s not a good idea. (Itu bukan ide yang baik)
  • I understand your point, but I think… (Saya mengerti pendapatmu, tapi menurutku……)

Dialogue 1
Mr. Daruken: Hi Leppo…?
Mr. Leppo: Hi Daruken…
Mr. Daruken: Why you look sad?
Mr. Leppo: I am confused?
Mr. Daruken: Why confused? Do you have a problem?
Mr. Leppo: I haven’t been able to pay the school administration. Do you have any advice to me?
Mr. Daruken: I think, you should ask dispentation to the school
Mr. Leppo: it’s good idea. Thanks Daruken…
Mr. Daruken: you’re welcome
Terjemahan:
Mr. Daruken: Hi Leppo…?
Mr. Leppo: Hi Daruken…
Mr. Daruken: Kenapa Kamu kelihatan sedih?
Mr. Leppo: saya bingung?
Mr. Daruken: kenapa bingung? apakah kamu mempunyai masalah?
Mr. Leppo: saya belum dapat membayar administrasi sekolah. apakah kamu punya saran kepadaku?
Mr. Daruken: menurut saya, kamu minta keringan kepada pihak sekolah
Mr. Leppo: itu ide bagus. Terima kasih Daruken…
Mr. Daruken: sama-sama
Dialogue 2
Anisa : Hi Nerly, How are you today?
Nerly : I feel disappointed.
Anisa: What’s wrong with you?
Nerly : I got bad mark English examination yesterday.
Anisa : Don’t be sad. I’m certain you can get mark better next time and you should study hard.
Nerly : Thank you for your suggestion
Anisa : it’s OK .Don’t mention it
Terjemahan :
Anisa : Hi Nerly, Bagaimana kabarmu?
Nerly : I merasa kecewa.
Anisa: ada apa denganmu?
Nerly : Saya memperoleh nilai jelek dalam ujian Bahasa Inggris kemarin.
Anisa : Jangan sedih. Saya yakin kamu dapat memperoleh nilai yang lebih baik dialin waktu. asal kamu harus belajar lebih giat lagi
Nerly : Terima kasih atas saranya
Anisa : OK janganlah seperti itu


Dialog 3
Tami   : Hi Clàudia, You look worried. What’s the matter?
Aufa  : Er.. it’s nothing.
Tami   : Is it the exam tomorrow? You shouldn’t worry. You’ll pass easily.
Aufa  : I know. Tami : Come on, tell me. What are you worried about?
Aufa  : OK… it’s Mark. I think he has started smoking. I was talking to him yesterday about this topic and he told me that he isn’t smoking.
Tami   : That’s serious. What are you going to do?
Aufa   : I’m not sure. I should tell someone. What do you think I should do?
Tami   : If I were you, I’d speak to his older sister. She’s really friendly.
Aufa  : I’ve never met her. Can you come with me?
Tami   : Yes, of course. Let’s go and find her.

Dialog 4
Aufa   : I have a serious problem today. I have just lost my wallet.
Tami   : Don’t be so sad my friend, let us search it around the park.
Aufa   : I have looked for it for hours but I do not find it, do you have some ideas?
Tami   : You had better tell the securities to announce it to other students.
Aufa   : Yeah, that sounds good. I do hope it helps.
Tami   : Let’s go.. !

Dialog 5
Tami   : Aufa.., Do you have any idea about which one shold I buy for him ?
Aufa   : Mmmm.., I suggest you to buy something like a football team’s fan merchandise .. Because usually a boy loved football, right ?
Tami   : That’s a good idea.. Let’s search for it..!
Which one is better..? Red or Blue ?
Aufa   : I think red should be better.., but it’s up to you.
Tami   : I’ll take the red one, then. Thank you


1. Let’s watch football at the stadium
Accepting : yes, Let’s go
Declining : No, thank you I have other schedule, I must clean the house now
2. Why you don’t have breakfast before go to school ?
Accepting : that is a good idea
Declining : I think I will be late, so I will have a breakfast at school
3. How about go to the movie ?
Accepting : O. K it is sound great
Declining : No, I do not have money to buy the ticket
4. I think you should do your homework now
Accepting : yes, you are right
Declining; take it easy my friend, I still have so much time


Share with your friends

Notification
This is just an example, you can fill it later with your own note.
Done